20 Things A True Southerner Knows
There are certain things that you just know. For instance, your nationality, your family, your upbringing, etc… you just “know”. How many of these do y’all know to be true? Be sure to let us know if there are some that you would add.
1. The difference between a hissie fit and a conniption.
2. Pretty much how many fish make up a mess.
3. What general direction Cattywumpus is.
4. That “gimme sugar” don’t mean “pass me the sugar.”
5. That when somebody’s “fixin” to do something, it won’t be long.
6. How good a cold grape Nehi and cheese crackers are at a country store.
7. Ain’t nobody’s biscuits like Grandma’s biscuits!
8. A good dog is worth its weight in gold.
9. Real gravy don’t come from the store.
10. When “by and by” is.
11. How to handle their “pot likker”.
12. The difference between “pert near” and “a right far piece.”
13. The differences between a redneck, a good ol’ boy, and white trash.
14. At one point learned what happens when you swallow tobacco juice.
15. Never to assume that the other car with the flashing turn signal is actually going to make a turn.
16. You may wear long sleeves, but you should always roll ’em up past the elbows.
17. You should never lend your tools, pick-up, or gun to nobody.
18. A belt serves a greater purpose than holding Daddy’s pants up.
19. Rocking chairs and swings are guaranteed stress relievers.
20. Rocking chairs and swings with an old person in them are history lessons.
If you enjoyed 20 Things A True Southerner Knows, you may also like:
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.