30 Things I Learned From My Mother
When I was growing up, I was with my Mom most of the time. We went everywhere together and I was an only child. I learned a lot during all those formative years and continue to learn from her today. She is now 82 years old and I continue to learn from her. I am so blessed to have her.
A little secret that I want to share with y’all, the picture at the top really IS my Mother back in the day. I have also included a picture of her below from this year. Isn’t she absolutely beautiful?
1. It’s okay to make mistakes in life as long as you don’t let them define you.
2. Never wear white to someone else’s wedding.
3. You, your face, and your body are beautiful no matter what society says.
4. Always wash your face before bed — always.
5. Respect yourself and others will respect you.
6. Marriage is not easy, but it’s a wonderful thing.
7. You will never have it all figured out, but no one ever does.
8. Don’t judge others — even if you think you have the whole story.
9. Rejection is not failure.
10. It’s going to be hard to succeed as a woman in this world, but you can, and when you do, you’ll be unstoppable.
11. Nobody owes you anything in this world.
12. It’s not a crime to pamper yourself when life gets too stressful.
13. Always make your bed before you leave the house.
14. Forgive but don’t forget.
15. Try to listen to people before jumping in with your own opinions.
16. No means no.
17. Your dreams are worth going after.
18. Call your parents, grandparents, and loved ones because one day you won’t have the chance to hear their voice again.
19. It’s okay to let a great opportunity go if it doesn’t make you happy.
20. Educating yourself will get you anywhere you want to go in life.
21. Stand up for what’s right, even if it’s not the most popular opinion.
22. Never leave dishes in the sink for the next morning.
23. It’s okay if you want to play sports and don’t enjoy cooking.
24. Don’t do things just for the recognition.
25. Never let the world tell you can’t have or do anything because of who you are or where you’re from.
26. Travel the world and learn as many languages as you can.
27. Take care of the poor, old, orphaned, and hungry.
28. Don’t ever belittle people because you know or have something they don’t.
29. Never leave the house without lipstick.
30. It’s NEVER too late!
What have you learned from your Mother?
If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy…