Angel Hair Pasta With Bacon & Tomatoes
5 Fresh ingredients combined to make a quick, nutritious and delicious family meal.
Every year at Christmas, one of my best friends and I, exchange one fun gift. It is not something that one “needs” it is something that one either “wants” or just something off the wall. This year I received Michael Symon’s cookbook “5 in 5”. (In case you don’t know who Michael Symon is, he is on the show “The Chew”, is one of the Iron Chefs on Food Network and is also the owner of several restaurants.)
I can’t even begin to tell you how many wonderful and easy recipes are in this cookbook!!! The premise is that you use 5 fresh ingredients combined with a couple of things that most all of us have in our pantry and make a wonderful dish in approximately 5 minutes. I had the family thumb through the pages and pick which recipe they wanted me to try first. Of course they saw the word “Bacon” and decided on this recipe.
It was so easy and flavorful I just had to share it with y’all. I did switch just a couple of things up but it is very close to his original recipe.
Make it a great day, you deserve it!
Angel Hair Pasta with Bacon & Tomatoes
Makes/Yield: 4 servings
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 lb Dried Angel Hair Pasta (Thin Spaghetti works also)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil Separated
- 1 cup Diced Bacon
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Pint Containers Cherry Tomatoes Quartered
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Fresh Basil Chopped
- In a very large pot, bring 5 quarts water to a boil. Add 3 tablespoons salt when water comes to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just al dente (about 1 minute less than the package cooking time suggests). Occasionally give the pasta a stir so that it doesn’t stick together. Reserve one cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium, heat add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and bacon. Cook until just almost crisp do NOT drain the fat. Turn down the heat and add garlic. Cook garlic for about 30 seconds. Don’t let it get too brown or burn. Increase the heat to medium high and add tomatoes.
- Add the pasta and reserved pasta water to the frying pan stirring the pasta into the tomato and bacon mixture. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil, 2 Tablespoons olive oil and parmesan cheese. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…