Baked Fried Pickles
Baked Fried Pickles
These baked fried pickles can be made not only in an oven, but also in an air fryer.
I love me some deep fried pickles!!!
If you have never had them, you have to try them at least just once. They are a little slice of heaven!
I have made a conscious effort to watch what I am eating this year, and no I don’t mean watch it go into my mouth LOL. So when I found a recipe for Baked Fried Pickles I just had to try it.
Well after a bit of revamping, (ok a LOT of revamping) I got what I was looking for. One of the things that I did was add a package of Ranch Dressing mix, that way you are getting the taste of the Ranch Dressing without the calories that come from dipping them into the creamy dressing.
Put this recipe in your arsenal and blow your friends and family away!
Make it a great day, you deserve it!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 7-10 min
Serves: 1 selfish fried pickle lover or 4 picky eaters
3 Large Kosher Dill Wholes
3 TBLs Milk
1 cup Flour (All Purpose)
Dash Cayenne Pepper
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Panko Crumbs
1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix (or to taste)
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese Grated (You could switch this out for Parmesan as well)
Prep & Cooking Directions –
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice your Dills into “chips” about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Take 3 small mixing bowls and put the flour and Cayenne in 1, the eggs and milk in the second(and beat them together), and combine the bread crumbs, Panko crumbs, Ranch Dressing Packet and the shredded cheese in the third bowl.
- Coat each pickle chip with flour, then the egg/milk mixture, and then the cheesy bread/Panko crumb mixture, and place on to an oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 425 degrees for 7 – 10 minutes or until desired “crispiness” is reached.
- Now make more!
These also work great cut into pickle spears. Just bake a few minutes longer.
To cook in the air fryer, set the temp to 370 degrees and cook until the coating is a nice golden brown.
Okay, okay…………. so sometimes I do still dip these into prepared Ranch Dressing LOL, but the fact that these have not been deep fried and baked instead, still means less calories. Try using light Ranch to dip into 😉
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…