Best Baked Oatmeal
The weather has turned cold and it’s always good to start the morning out with something warm and yummy!!
This recipe for Best Baked Oatmeal promises and delivers both!!
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled when you have friends and family over for breakfast during the holidays. I served this for breakfast with a scoop of vanilla yogurt but it can easily serve as a healthy dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
If you are an oatmeal lover, you may also love our recipe for Instant Pot Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal
Make it a great day!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (you can use any dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 375.
1) In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients (mush up the banana in with the wet ingredients). Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring gently until mixed.
2) Coat an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; pour in batter. (If you are doubling or tripling the recipe, increase the size of the pan)
3) Bake for 30 minutes; fork check to test doneness. Serve warm.