Whew!!!! I know, “Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Chicken Chowder” is quite a big mouthful to say, but that’s nothing compared to the flavor of this simple and fabulous Crock-Pot chowder.
This chowder is perfect for those cool Fall/Winter evenings or even sitting around on Saturday watching your favorite college football team. This can cook all day or can be done in as little as 3-4 hours. This thick, cheesy, gooey goodness will have all of your friends asking for the recipe.
Let’s just get to it!
Chop up the chicken, potatoes, carrots so they are all about 1 inch pieces. Add the corn and broccoli pieces (fresh or frozen is fine). Mix in the seasoning and broth and let er go for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
When you have about a half hour left before it’s done stir in the cream cheese mixture and then add the cheese and bacon.
That’s it, you’re done!
Whip up a batch of this soon and be sure to let us know how everyone raved about it!!
Make it a great day!
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Chicken Chowder
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 large carrots (about 2 cups+)
- 1 12 oz. package frozen corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Cayanne pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package dry ranch dressing/seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup processed cheese product (think Velveeta)
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add all of the ingredients up to the flour (do not add flour and ingredients after). Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours, or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Next, beat cream cheese, flour and milk with hand mixer in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir cream cheese mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir in cheese, 1/2 cup at a time until melted. Stir in bacon. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Garnish individual servings with green onions and additional bacon and cheese (optional).
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.