Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
This delicious and easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo will wow your family and friends.
This creamy, crispy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is done in less than 30 minutes
Many people never think to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo at home, they only have it when they go places like Olive Garden or some other Italian restaurant.
Perhaps they think it is just too complicated.
Well I’m here to tell y’all, this is super easy!
Not only is this recipe easy, it is also extremely versatile.
Want Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo? Just add some Cajun seasoning to the breading. Or add a teaspoon to the Alfredo sauce. Or….do both if you are really into Cajun.
What’s that you say? You want a vegetable?
Steam some broccoli and fold it into the sauce before adding the fettuccine in. Ta-da!!
When I came up with this recipe, it was really because I wanted something a bit healthier than the rich, cream laden sauces you usually see.
I was bound and determined to have my Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo but not add 5 lbs to the scale. So, this is what I came up with.
Make those boneless, skinless chicken breasts into cutlets.
My Grandma used to make chicken cutlets all the time. I remember her frying them up in the pan on the stove and that wonderful crispy coating they had on them.
I took a page from my Grandmother’s play book and sliced my chicken breasts into cutlets and then pounded them thin.
Because I was trying to be healthy, I wasn’t about to fry them but I still wanted that nice crispy coating. There is nothing like having something crispy to set off the creaminess of that Alfredo sauce.
I dredged my chicken cutlets in Italian Panko bread crumbs and cooked them in the air fryer. These also could be cooked in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. Or, you could pan fry them like my Grandma if you really wanted to.
The Alfredo Sauce
Alright, don’t y’all lose your minds when I tell you this. I used a jar Alfredo sauce. ~Insert everyone’s gasp here~
This is the one I used! Click here to check it out.
It has 50% less fat and 1/3 less calories! As I said, I wanted Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo but did NOT want to gain 5 lbs for one meal.
So now that we have that out of the way….
Go ahead, whip up this easy recipe and check it out for yourself. I promise you will be happy you did and so will your family.
Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- air fryer
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup Italian Panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb fettuccine uncooked
- 1 jar Alfredo Sauce
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 2 tbsp salt for the pasta water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 375° or conventional oven to 450°
- Slice chicken breasts in half to create cutlets and pound to approximately 1/2 inch thickness
- Whisk egg and milk together in a shallow bowl and place Panko on a separate plate. (You are preparing a dredging station .
- Place one cutlet into the egg mixture, covering completely. Before placing it into the bread crumbs let any excess egg drip off. Dredge chicken in the bread crumbs, making sure both sides are covered well.
- Place chicken on a rack for either your air fryer or wire rack placed into a shallow rimmed baking pan for your oven. Spray tops of chicken cutlets lightly with cooking spray
- Cook in the air fryer at 375° approximately 10 minutes or until internal temp is 165°. This can be cooked in the oven if preferred. Cook at 450 15 minutes until internal temp is 165°Remove from fryer or oven, setting aside to rest.
- While chicken is cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the 2 tbsp of salt into water.
- Cook Fettuccine 1 minute less than what the package directions call for. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining pasta.
- While pasta is draining, place pan back on the stove and empty Alfredo sauce into the pan. Warm through before returning the pasta back into the pan and combining together.**If sauce is too thick while mixing in the pasta, add a bit of the pasta water to thin it out.
- Place a serving of fettuccine and sauce on a plate. Slice chicken cutlet and arrange on top of the pasta. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper before grating approximately 1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese over the top. Garnish with parsley if desired.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like…
Spicy Thai Noodles With Shrimp
Greek Chicken Gyros
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.
The chicken in the air fryer is a great idea, it taste good and crispy without the oil of the conventional fryer. Thanks for the recipe.