Chili Lime Baked Cod is a delicious, healthy recipe that will please the entire family
Those that know me know that I am not a huge “fish” person. That being said, I am trying to become a bit healthier and am aware how important fish is to a good diet.
This was something I came up with after seeing a couple other recipes that looked pretty good. It is very flavorful and extremely easy and quick to make.
When making it I mixed all of the spices together and rubbed them on to 2 pieces of cod. I thought it would be even better if I put it in the refrigerator (covered with plastic wrap) and let the flavors of the rub sink in for a couple of hours.
While waiting for the oven to preheat to 450 degrees I put about a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of olive oil into a saucepan, melting them down.
Many people love lemon on fish, however, with the Southwest spices in the rub on these fillets I thought lime would be a better match. I took the zest off of one lime and added that along with the juice of the lime into the olive oil and butter mixture.
When the fish was cooked for about 12 to 15 minutes I plated it up with a bit of broccoli and some southwest grain mixture, drizzling the butter lime sauce over the top of both the fish and the vegetables. Of course you can pair this with most any vegetable you would like.
I have to say, this chili lime baked cod was one of the most flavorful fish dishes I have ever tasted.
Please let us know what your thoughts are as well as any little changes you may make to the recipe and find make it even better.
Chili Lime Baked Cod
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 Cod Fillets
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lime
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices and mix well. Using 1 tablespoon of olive oil, brush the cod fillets and then rub the fillets with the spice mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour (up to 12 hours)
- Preheat the oven to 450º. Place the cod fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes (until flaky).
- Meanwhile in a small sauce pot, melt the butter with the remaining olive oil. Add in the lime zest and juice and swirl the pan to mix. Serve the cod lime butter drizzled over the top.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like: