Chili Mac is a quick and hearty meal that will stick to your ribs.
I don’t know about y’all but I used to love Hamburger Helper (sometimes I still do..shhh don’t tell). This Chili Mac is a more grown-up version that is just as quick but much healthier and more flavorful.
Who doesn’t like cheesy pasta with hamburger and tomatoes! Whip up a batch of this Chili Mac and I bet your family will go wild for it!
This is so easy and is a one-pot meal. Most of you probably already have the ingredients to make it. Check your freezer, fridge, and pantry now!
Make it a great day!
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined, and chopped
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1lb Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5oz can tomato sauce
- 1 7oz can green chilies
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup beef broth
- 1 15.5oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups dried macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onion and peppers, sauté until the vegetables are tender. Add the ground beef, sausage, and garlic, breaking up the meat (I use a potato masher to easily break the meat up) and stirring until no longer pink.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and green chilies. Stir until well mixed. Add the water, beans, pasta, and cheese.
- Bring to a boil, stir, cover, and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through. Uncover, stir and let simmer, uncovered until reduced to the desired consistency. Garnish as desired.
Serves 4 to 6
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.