Foil Packet Potatoes
Quick and easy potatoes that cook right along with your meat on the grill. No need to heat up the house.
When you are enjoying a beautiful day outside on the deck or in the yard, who wants to have to go inside to cook dinner? Well now, you can stay outside with everyone else.
These potatoes make it easy to cook your entire meal on the grill, not just your meat or fish.
We just had a beautiful deck put on our house and I definitely didn’t want to go inside to have to cook dinner. Truth be told, I will probably be living on the deck, it is that big and beautiful.
My Mama and Daddy used to make these all the time when I was growing up.
With these great foil packet potatoes, you won’t have to heat up your house just to get a tasty side dish this Summer. Dice the potatoes, onion, and pepper then wrap with aluminum foil and grill! That simple!!
Foil Potato Packets
- 6 large red potatoes
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 large green pepper
- 1 tbls garlic powder
- 1 tbls kosher salt
- 1 tbls black pepper freshly ground
- 4 tbls butter
- chopped fresh parsely for garnish
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes
- Dice onions and green pepper
- In a large bowl add olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix
- Add potatoes, green pepper and onion into the olive oil mixture. Toss to coat.
- Tear off 4 pieces of Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil approximately 12 inches long. If you do not have the Heavy Duty kind just double up the regular kind.
- Place 1/4 of the potato mixture onto the middle of one have of the piece of foil and top with 1 tbls of butter.
- Fold the other half over the top of the potatoes. Fold the three open sides to create the pouch. You will need to fold it over more than just one to ensure that they stay closed.
- When placing on the grill, do not place them over direct heat. For gas grills, place towards the front or on the shelf of the grill. For charcoal grills place around the outside.
- Packets will poof up as the steam inside heats and cooks. Do not puncture until ready to eat. 40 - 45 minutes
- Remove from the grill. Be careful of steam when opening. Put them onto the plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.