Garden Vegetable Soup
This simple garden vegetable soup is a take on the Weight Watchers Zero Point soup ( Now known as WW). Not only does it help to fill you with flavorful, fiber filled vegetables to keep you from being hungry, but it really is a warm delicious meal!
I absolutely love this garden vegetable soup!
If you’re like me, you probably have a lot of veggies hanging out in your refrigerator. Even though I use the tips from our blog post How To Make Your Groceries Stay Fresh Longer And Stop Throwing Away Money, I do still to tend to have some vegetables that seem to not get put into other recipes I have made throughout the week. Well, this garden vegetable soup is perfect for those veggies.
Since the beginning of the year, I have been working towards being more present in my life. With that goal, I have also been making conscious choices to eat healthier and drop a few pounds.
This simple garden vegetable soup is really making that goal so much easier. I usually make a double batch in a big soup pot and then separate it out into pint sized canning jars. I have found that the canning jars make it super easy to just grab and go when I am hungry. Canning jars can also hang out in the fridge or in the freezer. Just take it out, take off the top and pop it into the microwave for a few minutes and it’s good to go.
I try to eat a bowl of this before lunch and dinner as it really does fill me up and helps me to eat less of whatever else we may be having.
Let us know what tips y’all have for being more present and mindful when it comes to eating and life in general.
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…
Garden Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups fat free broth (beef, vegetable or chicken)
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomatoe paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- parsley or basil chopped for garnished
- Spray a large soup pot with olive oil* Add the onion, carrot, celery and cook over low heat, stirring often just until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for about another minute
- Add the broth, tomatoes, cabbage, spinach, kale, tomato paste, basil, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer gently for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook for approximately 8 minutes more, just until softened.
- Garnish with parsley and/or basil and serve.