Homemade Mosquito Trap
No one likes those flying vampires, the mosquito. Not only do they suck our blood but they also can carry diseases like the Zika virus.
Now if you’re like me, you have gone to the store looking for a way to get rid of them or at least be able to cut back on them. They sell everything from bug zappers, sprays, baits, traps and even a vacuum. The common denominator of all of those are that they seem to be very expensive.
I came across this Homemade Mosquito Trap several years back and have found that it actually does work. Now I’m not saying it’s going to completely rid your outside haven of the little blood suckers, but it will help cut down on them. (Every little bit helps, right?)
Give it a try and let us know how it works for y’all!!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- a tich over 1/4 tsp yeast (yes, a “tich” is a measurement in my world)
- 2 liter soda bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
If you enjoyed this post you may also enjoy…
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.