Two Southern Sweeties Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders With Poppy Seed Dressing
Many times at the holidays we end up with left over ham from those wonderful family dinners. Are you tired of the same ol’ rewarming over and over again? These Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders will have your family happily waiting for leftovers.
Here in the South, ham is a traditional New Year’s dish. It is served with collards, black eyed peas and cornbread. This is considered to give you good luck through out the upcoming year.
Perhaps you are looking for a different way to serve up your traditional Southern New Years Day feast. Well, these little Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders are the perfect party food.
These sliders are so simple to make. Many times I will change up the poppy seed dressing on top just depending on what I have in the house.
If you aren’t someone that enjoys the sweet Hawaiian type rolls just switch them out for regular dinner rolls.
This recipe is extremely versatile.
I really hope y’all will give these a try and let us know what you think.
Make it a great day!
Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 12 white sandwich rolls (White, Wheat or King’s Hawaiian)
- 24 pieces Ham (left over baked ham or deli ham)
- 12 small slices cheese (I use whatever type of cheese I have. Cheddar, American, Swiss, Muenster, Pepper Jack etc.)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup miracle whip
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo and miracle whip.
- Slice rolls and generously spread the mayo mixture onto each side. Place 2 slices of ham and a slice of cheese between each bun.
- Place into a 9×13 pan (I actually have a glass pan that is a little bigger but the 9×13 works well)
- In a small bowl melt butter and mix in poppy seeds, mustard, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Brush mixture onto tops of the rolls. Use it all! Let sit for a out 10 minutes
- Cover with foil and back for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Uncover and let back for another 3 or 4 minutes.