This Instant Pot Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken is better than anything we have gotten for take out. If y’all need a quick, easy and healthy dinner for the whole family, this is it. Just chop a couple of things and toss them in the Instant Pot and … Ta-Da!! Dinner in minutes.
What I have given y’all here is the basic Instant Pot Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken recipe. There are so many ways to go with this and ramp it up. I’ve added toasted cashews and peanuts (not both at the same time silly). I have also steamed broccoli and tossed that in at the end with the green onions. You could add many other types of veggies and take this over the top. You might even find that your kids will be happy to eat their veggies with this yummy sauce covering them.
This recipe is actually very healthy in and of itself but to make it even healthier, I often use brown rice. I have been working on prepping meals lately and one of the best things I have found to help is to make a big batch of Easy Baked Brown Rice. You’ll be able to use it all week or even put it in zipper bags and freeze it.
Let me know what additions y’all make to this, I’m sure they will be wonderful
Make it a great day!
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts diced
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 green onions chopped
- sesame seeds
- Season chicken with ground pepper and salt. Select saute on your pressure cooker. Add oil, chicken, onion and garlic to the preheated pot. Stir often until onion is just softened, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup, red pepper flakes and sesame oil to the pot and stir to combine. Set your pressure cooker to manual high pressure for 4 minutes. When done, release the pressure with the quick release method.
- Add honey to the pot and stir to combine. In a small bowl mix cornstarch and water together to create a slurry and add to pot, stirring to combine. Turn the pot to saute and bring to a boil. The sauce must boil in order to thicken the sauce.
- Mix in green onions right before serving.
- Serve over rice and top with sesame seeds.
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.