These Lemon Cream Mushrooms are perfect for dinner parties, holiday parties or any special occasion. Easy, Creamy, Decadent and Delicious!
The first time I ever had these lemon cream mushrooms was at Thanksgiving dinner at Darleen’s house in Denver.
For those that don’t know, she is a very special woman who was previously my Mother-In-Law. We still remain close and I love her dearly.
Anyways, these mushrooms absolutely blew me away. I had never tasted anything so delicious.
Thankfully, Darleen gave me the recipe and now I am sharing it with you.
These really are very easy.
When you make the full recipe, you cook them in two batches. If you don’t need 12 servings you could make a half recipe.
One of the other great things about these lemon cream mushrooms, this vegetable side dish can be made the day ahead. You simply warm them on the stove and add the parsley before serving.
Brown the mushrooms in the butter. I actually like to get a little brown on my mushrooms. It brings out the flavor. Just don’t take it too far.
Add in the wine, lemon juice, and nutmeg. This will help you to be able to scrape any little brown bits off of the bottom of the pan. Those little bits have tons of flavor.
Pour in the cream and bring the heat up so that it is just boiling. Stirring occasionally you will reduce the cream down so that it coats the mushrooms.
Make sure you take a little taste and season to taste with salt and pepper.
This would be the point where you would put the lemon cream mushrooms in the refrigerator if you are making these for the next day and not serving immediately.
When it is time to serve, garnish the dish with fresh chopped parsley.
Lemon Cream Mushrooms
- ½ cup butter
- 4 lbs button mushrooms halved vertically
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whipping cream
- fresh chopped parsley
- Melt ¼ cup butter in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add half of the mushrooms and saute until brown, beginning to release their juices. About 10 minutes.
- Add ½ cup wine, 1 tbsp lemon juice, ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Boil until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup cream and boil until sauce thickens and coats mushrooms. About 10 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper and remove to a bowl
- Repeat with the other half of ingredients.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.