When we saw these cute “Monster Mums” we just couldn’t help but share them with y’all.
What a fantastic way to bring more color into an otherwise usual black and orange Halloween.
You could also do this with Sunflowers or any other flower you find at your local craft supply store. Just let your imagination run wild.
Give your Mom a Halloween surprise she’ll never forget with this Monster Mums display.
Easy Halloween crafts like this make perfect centerpieces for your table and are also great to have outside for trick-or-treater’s to admire!
You could also turn this mum display into a cute monster head by including some horns, a nose, and a mouth. Kids will love joining in on the fun of creating this easy Halloween decoration project!
Make it a great day, you deserve it!
Tracey and Aileen
PS Please be sure to share y’alls thoughts on this or how it worked for you when you make them.
- Two 3″ Styrofoam balls for each Mumster
- Halloween gift box or decorated terracotta pot with another Styrofoam ball
- Large silk purple mums
- Colored animal eyes
- 12″ x 3/8″ wooden dowel
- Marble or stone vase filler
- Straight pins
- Chenille stems
- Bead garland
- Black paint
- Low-temp glue gun
- Glue one of the 3″ balls inside the box or pot. Fill the remainder of space inside the box with stone vase filler for added support.
- Paint the dowel black and let dry.
- Cut a small hole in the top of the box to stick the dowel into the ball. Use glue on the end of the dowel.
- Pull the mum blossoms from the stems. Insert into the other 3″ ball. Use low temp glue to secure.
- Glue eyeballs to the center of each mum blossom. Glue the mum covered ball to the top of the dowel.
- Embellish the dowel with bead garland and add chenille stem antennas to the top of the topiary.
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.