Natural Sore Throat Soother
With cold flu or allergy season always just around the corner, this Natural Sore Throat Soother is something you should have at the ready.
This natural remedy is fantastic for calming a cough and chest colds as well.
…..makes about 2 cups
Things You Will Need…
Two Lemons – Make sure to clean your lemons really well. Who knows what is on the outside of those.
Two pieces of ginger about the size of your finger together. A great tip to peeling ginger is to use the edge of a spoon. It comes off very easily.
Honey (about 1 cup) – If you are able to, get local honey. Local honey also contains a blend of local pollen, which can strengthen a person’s immune system, and reduce pollen allergy symptoms.
In a 12-16 oz. jar combine lemon slices and sliced ginger.
Pour honey over it slowly. This may take a little time to let the honey sink down and around the lemon and ginger slices. Make sure when the honey has filled in all the voids, there is enough to cover the top of the lemon slices.
Close the jar and put it in the fridge, it will form into a “jelly”.
To use this Natural Sore Throat Soother: Spoon jelly into mug and pour boiling water over it.
Store in the fridge 2-3 months.
All Natural Sore Throat Soother
- 2 lemons
- 2 fingers ginger about the size of your finger
- 1 cup honey preferably local
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Clean lemons throughly before slicing thinly
- Clean, peel and slice ginger thinly
- Place sliced lemons, cinnamon, ginger in a 12 – 16oz jar
- Pour honey into the jar making sure to fill all the spaces and cover the top of the lemons.
- Cover and refrigerate. This will turn into a jelly
- To serve, place a tablespoon or 2 into a mug of boiling water or tea.
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…