Oh My, Olive Dip is a warm, creamy dip that is so simple to make and super delicious!
Several months back, my husband and I went to a local restaurant which features a “Dip Of The Day”. That day, it was Olive Dip. Well we absolutely love olives so we gave it a try. It was fantastic!
Fast forward a couple months and through a very weird series of events (more on that later) we have become very good friends with the chef of that restaurant and his beautiful wife. They actually live less than a mile and a half from our house in our small little town of Linden.
Of course, the first question I asked Elliott was for the recipe of that Olive Dip. I was disappointed to learn he was not the one that made the dip that day. Just my luck!
Elliott’s wife Julie, who has become a very close friend, found a great recipe for olive dip and made it for me. Now don’t get me wrong, it was really good, it just was missing a little something that I couldn’t put my finger on.
Well last weekend, my friend Eileen and I decided we were going to figure out what might have been missing. We tweeked the recipe slightly and came up with the perfect Olive Dip!
First we mixed the cream cheese, mayonnaise, black olives, green olives, pepper jack cheese and garlic powder in a large bowl. (I love these bowls as they also come with airtight covers)
Finally, we baked it at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until it was hot and bubbly.
We enjoyed this with pita chips and tortilla chips but it would be great with any type of chip or cracker..
The recipe below is a compilation and group effort of 3 good friends!! We hope you love it!Print Recipe
Oh My, Olive Dip
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese bring to room temperature
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Black Olives sliced thin
- 1 cup Green Olives sliced thin
- 2 cups Pepper Jack Cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, black olives, green olives, pepper jack cheese and garlic powder.
- Spray a cast iron skillet with non stick spray. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can use a pie pan. Pour mixture into skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Enjoy with pita chips, tortilla chips or any type of cracker.