Pine Cone Cheese Ball
This Pine Cone Cheese Ball would make a beautiful hostess gift or a cute and delicious little something to give to neighbors for the Holiday season. Oh, and let’s not forgot it is also a great Game Day food as well!
Your friends and family will be impressed as it looks like this took hours to make, but…… I’ll let y’all in on a little secret. This pine cone cheese ball is super simple to make and doesn’t take much time at all.
We have seen this done with both the pecans as pictured and also with almonds. Both look beautiful.
Make sure you toast the pecans or almonds, whichever you are using. It truly makes a difference in the flavor.
Another little tip, I always use the store-brand cream cheeses.
Make it a great day, you deserve it!!
- 1 (8-ounce) container garden vegetable cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container roasted garlic cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Stir together first 4 ingredients. Shape into an oval; chill 2 hours.
- Arrange pecan halves over cheese oval in overlapping rows beginning at bottom and working upward. Arrange rosemary sprigs at top of pine cone. Serve with crackers.
This recipe is originally from Southern Living NOVEMBER 1998.
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.