Rocky Road Candy is loaded with chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows, and peanuts. What could be better than that?
This recipe has been passed down through the generations of our family.
Rocky Road Candy is the thing that all of my grown children beg for me to send to them for Christmas. It really is addictive Ha!
This is such a simple recipe it’s hard to believe that it is so rich and delicious.
In a large pot add the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter.
Make sure you are using real semi-sweet chocolate chips. Those imitation ones may be ok for cookies but not for these. (Let’s face it, truthfully those imitation ones really aren’t good for anything.)
As for the peanut butter, you can use creamy or chunky. It really doesn’t matter.
Slowly, over low heat, melt those all together stirring often.
Do not try to rush this as it will mess up your chocolate.
When those are melted, take the pot off of the heat and mix in the peanuts and marshmallows. Do not do this while it is over the heat or you may find your marshmallows melting into the chocolate.
Spread the mixture of the sheet pan and pop it into the refrigerator to set.
Well, there you have it!
My children will all be excited to finally see this recipe in writing so they will be able to make it at home now instead of waiting for me to send it.Print Recipe
Rocky Road Candy
- 1 12 ounce bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 11 ounce bag butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 16 ounce can cocktail peanuts
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- In a larg pot mix semi-sweet chips, butterscotch chips and peanutbutter. Melt over low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in peanuts and fold in mini marshmallows until everything is evenly coated
- Pour out onto a 1/2 sheet pan and spread evenly.
- Chill until set
- Cut candy into 1 inch squares
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.