Two Southern Sweeties Shrimp Scampi Risotto
This recipe was originally published on Two Southern Sweeties on December 5, 2012
Looking for something delicious, easy and warming for dinner tonight?
Well here it is…..Shrimp Scampi Risotto!!
Now don’t freak out. I know many people hear the word “risotto” and think it is difficult to make. I promise, it’s not at all. It does require you to be an active participant however, so this is not a good idea for dinner parties.
For those of you that don’t know, risotto is made with Arborio rice. This can be found in most any grocery store and even at Target.
Feel free to add all different types of things to this. I usually add frozen peas, however, I figured out during the cooking process that I was out of them LOL.
Once you make this recipe and get the hang of risotto you will be making up your own delicious combinations and recipes in no time.
Make it a great day, you deserve it!
6 Cups Chicken Broth
2 Cups Arborio Rice
4 Tablespoons Butter
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Cup Minced Onion
3 -4 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
½ to ¾ Bag Frozen Cooked Salad Shrimp
1/2 Bag Frozen Peas, Corn or Green Beans (or any other frozen veggie you want)
Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Heat broth in medium saucepan over Medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- In a separate larger pan (I use my soup pot) heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add rice and stir for about 3 minutes
- Add 1 cup of heated broth. Continue stirring until liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining broth 1 cup at a time making sure liquid is mostly absorbed before adding the next cup.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese
- Add shrimp, stirring to mix them throughout the risotto. (This is also where I would add my frozen peas, corn or green beans)
- Remove pan from heat, cover and let sit for approximately 5 minutes to warm shrimp through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
If you enjoyed this post you may also like: