Put a new twist on your favorite summer barbecue dish with this tasty Smoked Cauliflower Recipe. Enjoy juicy cauliflower with a smoky flavor that your whole family will love. Try it today!
Smoked cauliflower is the new vegetable trend that’s taking the world by storm. This unique dish combines the smoky flavor of traditional barbeque with the health benefits of one of the world’s most nutritious vegetables for an unforgettable fusion that everyone should try. Let me tell you, about smoked cauliflower: the surprisingly easy steps to make it, the health benefits of the dish, and one delicious recipe for you to test out with various options. Get ready to discover the magic of smoked cauliflower – you won’t regret it!
With this recipe, you can use any type of smoker. I used a pellet smoker but a regular wood-fired smoker or an electric smoker will work just as well. The smoked cauliflower will just cook along with whatever else you have going in or on the smoker.
Not only is this smoked cauliflower recipe easy to prepare, but it’s also rich in antioxidants and a source of essential minerals and vitamins. Cauliflower contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need.
Equipment Needed To Make Smoked Cauliflower
- Smoker – I used a Pitt Boss Pellet Smoker
- Cast iron skillet or another pan that will withstand being on the smoker
Ingredients To Make Smoked Cauliflower
- head of cauliflower
- onion powder
- garlic powder
Smoked cauliflower is a versatile, easy-to-prepare, and mouth watering dish. So, put on your apron, fire up the smoker and get started creating this easy side dish. You’ll be surprised at how simple and delicious it is!
Smoked Cauliflower Recipe – A Delicious Veggie Twist on BBQ
- Pitt Boss Smoker or other smoker
- 1 head cauliflower trimmed rinsed, dried
- 1/4 cup salted butter oftened
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the butter with the paprika, garlic powder, onon powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub the butter mixture evenly over the top of the cauliflower.
- Pop the cauliflower into a cast iron pan or other dish that can go on the smoker.
- Smoke at 350-F until the cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Dry the cauliflower before adding the butter or the butter will not stick.
- Don’t be tingey on the butter! It’ll melt into the cauliflower as it smokes, and you can spoon up any that drips into the pan.
- Mix up the flavors! Add some cayenne for a bit of heat, or use your favorite spice rub. Just watch that it’s not too salt-heavy or your cauliflower could end up too salty.
- Cooking times vary based on the heat of the smoker, but you’ll know the cauliflower is done when it is fork-tender.
- If your cauliflower begins to get too brown, cover lightly with foil.
- I used a Pitt Boss Smoker but any other smoker will work as well.
If you enjoyed this post you may also like…
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.