One Pot Chicken Dinner
This one pot chicken dinner will enable you to get a delicious and nutritious meal on your table in about 30 minutes.
I made this one pot Chicken Skillet for dinner last night and my friend put a picture of it on Facebook. Well, since that post on Facebook last night, I have had 10+ requests both publicly and privately for the recipe.
This is really a very simple recipe but is packed with a LOT of flavor. The total prep and cooking time is approximately 30 or so minutes, so easily able to be made even after a busy day at work or busy day working in the yard.
Make it a great day!!!
One Pot Chicken Skillet Dinner
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1.5-2 cups precooked shredded chicken
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- Red Pepper flakes to taste
- 1- 14 1/2 Oz. can chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used the Mexican Blend)
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- Sour Cream (for topping)
- In a large skillet, combine the rice, salsa, chicken, black beans (drained), chili powder, red pepper flakes and chicken broth. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Place a tight fitting lid on the skillet, turn the heat on to high, and let the skillet come to a full boil. As soon as the skillet comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Make sure it is simmering the entire time, turning the heat up slightly if needed.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the heat, remove the lid, and fluff the mixture with a fork. All of the liquid should be absorbed and the rice should be tender. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese over top, replace the lid, and let it sit for a few minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Meanwhile, slice the green onions. Top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle the green onions over the melted cheese and serve hot.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like…
Crock-Pot Rotisserie Chicken
Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.
I just made this for dinner and my whole family loved it ! I had all the ingredients in the house so I was so glad to get your email this morning. Thank you!
Great work here. You just made my day. I cooked this recipe for my mother and brother and they actually enjoyed it a lot. Besides, the way you described everything made it easier for me. Thanks!
Keep up the great work.
Two Southern Sweeties
I’m so happy to hear that and you just made my day with this comment. Thank you.