This one pot chicken dinner will enable you to get a delicious and nutritious meal on your table in about 30 minutes.
I made this one pot Chicken Skillet for dinner last night and my friend put a picture of it on Facebook. Well, since that post on Facebook last night, I have had 10+ requests both publicly and privately for the recipe.
This is really a very simple recipe but is packed with a LOT of flavor. The total prep and cooking time is approximately 30 or so minutes, so easily able to be made even after a busy day at work or busy day working in the yard.
Make it a great day!!!
One Pot Chicken Skillet Dinner
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1.5-2 cups precooked shredded chicken
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- Red Pepper flakes to taste
- 1- 14 1/2 Oz. can chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used the Mexican Blend)
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- Sour Cream (for topping)
- In a large skillet, combine the rice, salsa, chicken, black beans (drained), chili powder, red pepper flakes and chicken broth. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Place a tight fitting lid on the skillet, turn the heat on to high, and let the skillet come to a full boil. As soon as the skillet comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Make sure it is simmering the entire time, turning the heat up slightly if needed.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the heat, remove the lid, and fluff the mixture with a fork. All of the liquid should be absorbed and the rice should be tender. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese over top, replace the lid, and let it sit for a few minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Meanwhile, slice the green onions. Top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle the green onions over the melted cheese and serve hot.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like…
Be sure to leave us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this post.